PDA

Visualizza Versione Completa : Using microphone to record

jeshuys
19-03-2005, 13:52
Does this forum also communicate in English? My Italian is non-existant. I only have logic gold 3.5 and have just started recording but can't record with the microphone on the audio channels. The manual is way too hard to follow and doesn't seem to have any info on recording audio. Help!!

gribit
19-03-2005, 23:03
Hi Jeshuys! ...and: Welcome!

...someone "speaks" a little bit of english here... we'll try to help you, but knowing that you use a Logic Gold 3.5 is not enough! ;)
...wich kind of Audio Interface, do you use? On which computer dou you work? Mac...? PC...?
...More we know, more could be easy to help you!

See you! :)

rino

G5 Dual 2 GHz
4 GB RAM
MacOS X.3.8
Logic Pro 7.0.1
MotU 828mkII FW
Emagic amt8
mixer Mackie LM3204 e LM3204E

jeshuys
20-03-2005, 11:36
Hi Rino, Thanks for responding. The computer is a PC Pentium 300. Windows 98. Emagic Logic Audio Gold PC 3.5, Event Gina sound card. Korg N5 Synthesizer. Mdiman 1X1s Serial Port midi interface. Rode NT1 Condenser microphone. Behringer MX802 mixer. Sennheiser HD 535. I have no trouble recording midi instruments but when I try to record with the microphone through the audio channels I get sound but cannot record. Hope you can help. cheers jeshuys

gribit
21-03-2005, 01:55
quote:I get sound but cannot record.
...so the signal is going "inside" the Logic's Mixer...? Am I right? The meters responds, if you speak into the mike...?
What do you mean writing: "I've got sound"...?

...can't understand which "step" you're missing... sorry for the "stupid" answer...

...in the I/O section of the Logic Mixer Audio channel... did you choose the right Gina's Input? ...from "where" she takes the mike' signal? ...from the Behringer? ...or you've connected the mike directly into the Gina's Input?
...if you hit "Rec", you get a "blunk" Audio Region (Object/Sequence)?

rino

G5 Dual 2 GHz
4 GB RAM
MacOS X.3.8
Logic Pro 7.0.1
MotU 828mkII FW
Emagic amt8
mixer Mackie LM3204 e LM3204E